Sunday, November 17, 2013

The alarm fiasco



The new joke of the week
Being ADHD has it’s up sides and it’s down sides hee hee
 This week I was trying to get back up to speed after being away.
 So I vacuumed one afternoon while Mark was out. Nothing unusual there and as usual Jet (the robot vacuum) ran out of juice and went back to recharge before continuing.
 Later that evening we decided we needed a few staples like ice cream and went off shopping. Marks phone rang on the way down there and when we arrived he checked and it was a junk call trying to sell us something. So we shopped happily and as we were checking out he again got an 800 number and said boy they are persistent tonight I don’t need to talk to them twice. Right after that I got one from the same number. It often happens that way so I too chose to ignore it.
 We came on home and came inside and Mark is trying to turn off the alarm and says “hey this thing is acting funny” I reply “just hit it again” Which he does and it stops. Right then my phone rings and it is Barb saying, um there is a problem with your alarm and John is on his way over as the alarm company couldn’t get you. How weird right? Oops then we check and no those 800 numbers were the alarm company. SO Mark is on the phone and I say oops well we are here can you stop John. She checks and he is on his way. No he doesn’t have the cell phone with him as she has a doctors appointment and needs it for tomorrow early. SO I am at the window watching for John and to arrive and Mark is on the phone trying to talk to the alarm company and please explain and figure out why it went off in the first place. I have gone all around the house and put on lights outside and checked through the windows for anything. I come back and hear a strange beeping. Oops I suddenly realize it is Jet he has decided he has enough juice to go and try again and is now stuck on the table leg where he has gotten himself balanced. I realize he is the culprit of the alarm and house him again, while telling Mark.
 Then I go back to the window to watch for John. I look up and down the street and the cops have a car outside the neighbors hmm. Wonder why they didn’t come to the door. SO out we go to find them. They come around the house and  I brightly say, Hi so so sorry about this and get a stony look. Are you the key holder asks the lady. Um yes we are, our names are and we tell her. Do you have ID? Um yes, would you like to come inside while I get it out my purse? SO the very nice ladies come in and check then explain that they saw people walking around so were being cautious. Lightbolt moment They thought I was the lookout for the thieves oops. They did not laugh at us for ignoring the calls, they did not lecture us, They were in fact very professional and very kind. Thank you to them.
 Well all ends well and John arrived and got hugged and off he went again.
 Moral of the story make sure your toys are put away properly before going out and about

No comments:

Post a Comment