Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Vulture escapade

It all began with a challenge.

Paint in plien aire and try for 100 paintings. Well that is a bit more tricky than it seemed I hate the heat and temps are around 95-100 most days and humid soooo. I am trying to paint through a few windows.
Well I was on the way to the store and lo and behold almost ran over a silly Vulture snacking on the edge of the road. It hopped to safety but my little devious brain said picture! SO I turned the car around and went to see if I could park somewhere reasonably safe and do a quick sketch from there. Well as I drove back and turned off the main road I was out of sight so, chucking a U I went back to forget the whole thing when the silly bird flew across my path and landed on a telephone pole. SO I cruised past and noticed it was opposite a cul de sac in the neighborhood.
 Well another U turn and back we go By ow there was a poor gent totally confused as to what I was doing and so he followed me to make sure I was harmless I guess.
 Anyway I found I could happily sit in my car and draw except the wind kept blowing and the bird kept moving so the sketch was rather dreadful but the escapade was fun and hey I learned a bunch. Like how a vulture has a tiny head and looks sort of like a duck with a deformed head from the bottom of a pole.

1 comment: