Thursday, June 30, 2011

the Ring


The Ring


I have been married to the most amazing man for 30 years now.
Well for our anniversary I decided I wanted to have an Alexandrite of some sort. SO being the angel who spoils me rotten we went to the Gem and Jewelry show and got me a ring.
He gave it to me on the anniversary and I was thrilled. I did mention it felt a bit rough on one end and he looked and said nah it’s fine.
Well the next morning in the shower the ring caught on my scrubby glove and I unhooked it and off I went. Well later I looked down and OH NO I was missing a stone. Well I happened to be SMSing to my sister in South Africa and so we prayed right there and then to find it.
 I went upstairs and checked everywhere even the drain hole and yes the glove. Told Mark and he went off and searched to no avail. Well I nap most days if I can and so off to nap I go. As I lay down God says you know you stuck your hand down behind the bed to make it last night check there soooo. Being as it is a King sized bed and the base is on the floor, I can’t actually scoot it or anything so I look as well As I can and no stone so I lay down and God says uh hmmm I said look there did you look right up against the bed. Well no God I can’t see around corners and can’t move the bed. Well how about over the top then say He. SO I get Marks torch and stand on the bed like you tell kids not to and look over the top. Suddenly there is a sparkle and I think surely not. I mean why would God tell me to look where it wasn’t right? Anyway I get down and scrabble along the carpet with my finger and brush towards the wall and lo and behold the stone appears.
 Well I am thrilled and Thank the Lord and write to my sister and tell Mark and folks. Well today I took it down to see if the jeweler I know can fix it and off she goes into the back and 5 minutes later it is fixed for a very reasonable amount and back on my finger. I was sure I would have to leave it for a week or so. I mean they are just one technician and Lisa and she doesn’t actually do the work just knows what needs doing and how much to charge.

 SO I am a very happy little spoiled rotten girl. Thank you Lord for many Blessings the biggest of all being your Son and my family. Then stuff like rings and things

No comments:

Post a Comment