Saturday, July 9, 2011

Yucky stuff


Yucky stuff

 I have learned that stuff happens and the way to deal with it is often to stop and take stock and then ask a very important question.
 Is this a lifelong or long term problem Like diabetes or is it a short term problem like a bad drug reaction or allergy reaction.
I mean if it is short term you have to figure Ok It is really lousy right now BUT and think like with a drug reaction or allergy thing the next question is how long will it last or how long do I have to tough it out for. Overall this helps me not freak out and feel like I am dying especially with short term ones. I mean a migraine will last 24 hours so take the meds and just keep ding the best you can weather hiding under the eye shield or hot cloth whatever. Yes it is awful but keep thinking it ain’t forever. With allergic reactions keep vigilant for serious side effects and for the rest count the hours but try find something to distract you like a movie or game

On the long term stuff well that is a whole other matter with something like a life long disease you have to ask what do I need to do to make this have the least lousy impact and then go from there
 I know this is probably common sense to some folks but when I am feeling yucky I need someone else to think for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment